September 21, 2019 at 4:55 pm #8487
Unit 1 Reading & Resources
- Introduction to Teaching Pronunciation (TESOL.org)
- Some Techniques for Teaching Pronunciation (Dalton, 1997, Internet TESL Journal)
- Teaching speaking – Unit 4: stress and intonation (Teaching English – British Council) (Video)
- Proprioception in learning new sounds, words and connected speech (Underhill, British Council)
- P is for Pronunciation (Thornbury, An A-Z of ELT)
- I is for Intonation (Thornbury, An A-Z of ELT)
September 28, 2019 at 2:56 pm #8526
Unit 2 Reading & Resources
- Beginning to Read in a First and Second Language (Nation, 2013, Ch 7) (Revisited from Module 2.2)
- P is for Phonics (Thornbury, An A-Z of ELT)
- Watch these 2 teachers share their opposing opinions on using a phonemic chart (Teaching English – British Council). Prepare to discuss your answers to the following questions: What points do you agree and disagree with? What approach best suits your students?
- Which reading and/or pronunciation resources (would) work best in your context? Can you use them as they are or with some adaptation?
- 6 Elementary Reading Strategies That Really Work (Edutopia)
- Readers Theater: A Superfood for Oral Skills (TESOL Blog)
- This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by Philip Shigeo Brown (Phil).
October 3, 2019 at 6:07 am #8552
Unit 3 Reading & Resources
- S is for Speaking (1) (Thornbury, An A-Z of ELT)
- S is for Speaking (2) (Thornbury, An A-Z of ELT)
- Error Correction (Teaching English – British Council)
What do you think about Scott’s 3 principles of good speaking tasks? What other principles would you add? Prepare to discuss your answers. Use the principles to evaluate one or two speaking activities.
- Classroom management (establishing & respecting classroom rules with YLs & teens) (Teaching English – British Council Video)
- First class with very young learners (including establishing a positive learning environment, phonics, classroom management, needs analysis & involving parents) (British Council Hong Kong Video)
- Last class with very young learners (including assessment & achievement, teacher reflection & parent feedback (British Council Hong Kong Video)
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.