return to course list
ELT Reading Materials Design with Marcos Benevides
Get iTDi certified in ELT Reading Materials Design this September with
award-winning author and publisher Marcos Benevides. Explore the relationship
between intensive and extensive reading. Work with frequency lists and corpora.
Even publish your own graded reader. Teachers with little or no
materials-writing experience are welcome!
This 4-week course will help you explore the relationship between intensive
and extensive reading by focusing on the practical side of materials creation
and publishing - particularly on the writing and editing of graded readers.
Live sessions (registered participants only)
- September 7th – course participants only (60 minutes)
- September 14th – course participants only (60 minutes)
- September 21st – course participants only (60 minutes)
- September 28th – course participants only (60 minutes)
Time: 14:00 - 15:00 GMT
Enroll in the entire course for only US $49
Course + Evaluation + Certificate of Accomplishment US $75
Questions? Contact email@example.com
With Marcos you will...
- Explore the differences between intensive, extensive, and hybrid approaches to teaching reading.
- Learn how to select and effectively adapt authentic materials for teaching reading.
- Learn how to create original materials for teaching reading.
- Have an opportunity to write and publish a graded reader.
This course includes a workshop component in which participants will practice
finding, reading, writing, adapting, editing, and even publishing a graded
reader of their own. By the end of the course, successful participants will have
the skills needed to self-publish their work on distribution platforms like
Lulu or CreateSpace
and will be ready to take their work even further.
Marcos Benevides teaches at J. F. Oberlin University in Tokyo, where he is the
Reading and Writing Curriculum Coordinator for the English Language Program. He
is an internationally recognised ELT writer and series editor, having
co-authored the critically acclaimed Widgets: a task-based course in practical
English (Pearson, 2008) and the multiple award-winning
Fiction in Action: Whodunit
(Abax, 2010), as well as having edited the popular Choose Your Own Adventure
graded reader series (McGraw-Hill, 2011). His current project is the
Atama iiBooks series of easy-English
multi-path adventure stories.