return to course list
Creating ELT Videos with Vicki Hollett
Get iTDi certified in Creating ELT videos this November with ELT video creator Vicki Hollett.
- Do you want to create engaging videos that your students can watch outside of class?
- Would you like to reach a wider audience, with professional looking sample lessons?
- Are you thinking of sharing ELT videos on YouTube or a similar platform?
- Are you interested in learning camera and lighting techniques and ways to capture sound?
- Would you like to add video editing to your skills set?
- Would you like to collaborate with other ELT professionals in fun creative video projects?
If your answer to any of these questions is yes, this is the course for you.
Live online sessions will be held in the iTDi virtual classroom on Sundays in November.
Live sessions (registered participants only)
- November 6th – course participants only (60 minutes)
- November 13th – course participants only (60 minutes)
- November 20th – course participants only (60 minutes)
- November 27th – course participants only (60 minutes)
Time: 13:00 - 14:00 GMT
Certificate of Completion
US $59 - Course, Recordings, Handouts, Private Community
Certificate of Accomplishment
US $89 - Course, Recordings, Handouts, Private Community, Instructor Evaluation
Certificate of Distinction
US $149 - Course, Recordings, Handouts, Private Community, Instructor Evaluation, Private Mentoring
Questions? Contact email@example.com
If you are unable to join the class without scholarship support from iTDi,
please apply using the form here
This course includes a workshop component in which participants will build their own videos. By the end of the course, successful participants will have the knowhow they need to start creating videos their students will love.
With Vicki you will...
- learn what equipment you need and how to get it on a tight budget
- learn how to make your scripts conversational
- understand the key principles in lighting and capturing sound
- learn how video editing software works
- learn how to avoid falling foul of copyright laws and discover free and legal sources for music and images
- learn ways to build your audience and increase traffic to your YouTube channel
During the course participants will have the opportunity to shoot and edit videos and collaborate with other participants. All participants will need a camera of some kind that they can use to capture video clips. It doesn’t need to be a single-purpose camera, so for example a cell phone camera, a tablet camera or a webcam will be just fine.
By the end of the course, successful participants will have the knowhow they need to start creating videos their students will love.
Vicki Hollett has been an EFL teacher for forty years. She is an award winning author of many ELT courses for Oxford University Press and Pearson, but now she works with a camera instead. Together with her film maker husband, she produces videos for corporate clients and also free videos for their Simple English Videos website and YouTube channel. This year Simple English Videos was a winner in YouTube's prestigious NextUp 2016 competition for fast rising channels and the prize included a week of training at the YouTube studios in NYC.